Children Levels, Policies and Tuition
We specialize in Dance classes for children ages 18 months and up through adults, offering a variety of techniques for the Serious and Pre-Professional student, the Recreational student, and the beginner baby levels.
If you are new to the school, please call us to schedule a tour and register in person! Or, if it is more convenient, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying what classes you are interested in, and we will help you with registering your child or children. Please specify the age of your child and any past dance training.
KIDS CLASS LEVELS
Kinder Dance Program:
Our Kinder program provides a wonderful foundation for you little one, introducing the 18 month old into the dance studio with parent in a 45 minute length class, moving into Creative Movement where the child can grow independently and have freedom to explore and learn in a structured environment, and onto the Ballet/ Tap combo classes where students build upon ballet and tap comportment while gaining further coordination and musicality.
Parent & Me- 18 mos -2 yrs,
Creative Movement- 2 years,
Ballet/Tap combo- 3, 4, & 5 years,
Recreational Dance Program:
Our Recreational Dance Program offers the student ages 6 thru 18 years a structured environment to learn and grow in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, acro, pointe, and more, while having a less demanding schedule of classes in comparison to the Performance Companies Program. Students will learn proper technique, skills and discipline in dance classes of all levels and abilities in out recreational program.
- Levels 1-6 Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip hop
- Acro 1/2
- Once a Week Ballet, Teen Ballet, Beginner Ballet for 7-12 yr olds, Teen Beginner Ballet
Youth Performance Companies/ Programs:
The School offers performance ensembles for the pre-professional or more serious dancer track.
The selection process for these ensembles is by teacher recommendation or audition, which is held at the end of the prior school year. If a student is new to the school, that student can be evaluated in order to join.
CBD has a Youth Ballet Company, Youth Tap Ensemble, and Hip hop Company.
To audition, contact Lindsay@schoolofcbd.com
Children’s Rates for 2018-19 August 20, 2018-June 2, 2019
Dress Rehearsals June 1, 2019, Shows June 2, 2019.
- MULTIPLE CLASSES DISCOUNT: Discounts offered for multiple classes & amongst family members for children’s classes: 2 classes is 10% off, 3 classes is 15% off, 4 classes is 20% off, 5 classes is 25% off, 6 classes and up is 30% off.
- SEMESTER DISCOUNT:Additional 5% off discount on top of multiple class discount if tuition is paid by the semester before the first week of classes each semester.
- VALUE DISCOUNT: Unlimited classes offered per child, per month: $420.00/ child / month. This does not include private lessons or Youth Performance Ensembles.
August 20, 2018-June 2, 2019 rates
Pay monthly or in total for 9.75 months. Semester payments save 5% off.
Parent & Me (a 45 minute class/week): $88 per month or $815.10
Creative movement (a 45 minute class/week): $88 per month or $815.10
Ballet/ Tap combo (a 50 minute to 1 hour class/week): $100 per month or $926.25
45 minute to hour long dance classes in acro, ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, contemporary: $100 per month or $926.25
1-1.25 hour long dance class in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, contemporary: $125.00 per month or $1157.81
1-1.5 hour long dance class in ballet. tap, jazz, hip hop contemporary: $135.00 per month or $1250.44
Performance Companies Program:
- SCBD YOUTH BALLET COMPANY PROGRAM:
- B Company: $400.00 per month, for over 32 hours / month instruction & rehearsal, $420.00 per month unlimited classes.
- A Company: $420.00 per month for over 42 hours/ month unlimited classes and instruction and rehearsal
- SCBD TAP ENSEMBLE COMPANY PROGRAM: $120 per month, 4-6 hours / month (students are required to attend additional tap class on schedule), OR take all you want for $420.00 per month for unlimited classes.
- SCBD HIP HOP COMPANY PROGRAM: $190 per month, 16 hours/ month (students are required to attend and additional technique class per month other than hip hop), OR take all you want for $420.00 per month for unlimited classes.
Please inquire for more information or to audition to Lindsay@schoolofcbd.com
Costume Fee: $68.00/ costume, due at registration.
If your child drops class before November 30th and you have notified the school 30 days in advance, then you will receive a costume refund in full.
Upper levels of Level 1 and up, if you have more than one costume, then you have the option of three payments:
- First costume payment: Due At Registration
- Second costume payment: Due October 1
- Remaining costume payment: Due November 1.
Recital Fee: $80.00, due April 1st. This includes 5 tickets for the show. You may purchase additional tickets for a small fee.
ADDITIONAL POLICIES on Registration form:
Withdrawals or dropping classes requires a 30 day notice via email or at the front desk via paperwork. Please email Admin2@schoolofcbd.com regarding registration/ dropping questions. There is a two month minimum for all lessons. One month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any classes. Withdrawal must be done in writing via email or letter. Withdrawals are not processed with a teacher or the front desk staff. Withdrawals must occur within the first 7 days of the month. No withdrawals will be accepted after April 1. All automatic bank charges or auto debit charges will stop after the one-month notice period. School of Contemporary Ballet Dallas reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such case a refund for unused lessons will be given.
Registration fee: $40.00 for the first child, $20 for each additional child.
Payment of tuitions:
Tuition must be paid by automatic debit card or automatic credit card payment. Tuition will be debited on the 1st day of each month from September -May. The 1 or 2 weeks of August (whichever amount we return for) and the month of September is non-refundable. All charges will appear on your bank statement or credit card statement as being from School of Contemporary Ballet Dallas.
Adults may pay for Adult classes at the front desk by cash, check, debit or credit card, or may pay online before class. Adults, if purchasing class packages or a class card, please pick up your scan card at the desk before class.
NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds)Payments: NSF fee of $35.00 for the amount of any NSF paper check or auto debit transactions plus a $25 NSF fee.
Cancellations of Class:
SCBD reserves the right to cancel any class, refunds are made for cancellation.
The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made up.
Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to an illness and 24 hour notice has been given to the school office. Make-up lessons will be limited to 2 per school year and require a doctor’s note. No refunds are given for missed lessons. (School activities such as ski trips, or programs, band trips, choir trips, Spring Breaks that differ from our school’s spring break, sports games, etc, do not qualify for make-up lessons.)
Absences & Tardiness:
The school reserves the right to have students who come late to class, sit out the class and observe. If a student is more than 10 minutes late to class, it is at the teacher's descretion on whether they need to observe or join in class. Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. If a student misses more than 4 classes without written notices, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons. Students missing more than 4 lessons after January will not be able to participate in the year-end dance recital, festivals or other performances.
Parent's responsibility to be aware of dates & events:
It is the responsibility of the parent and adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The parents will give the school their email address to email all such notices home. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check their email and the boards at the school to ensure that they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents and adult students to inform the school of any email change, address change, or telephone number change. It is also the parent’s responsibility to update their contact information in their school account online, or with the front desk administration. The School of CBD sends correspondence via email and flyers regarding important/ upcoming events.
Care of students:
The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 yrs, are encouraged to remain in the lobby while their child attends class. Students are not to be left at the school for an excessive amount of time before or after class.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time.
The school is hereby granted permission to take photographs or video of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials the school creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name.
Studio Blocking & Dress Rehearsal:
All dancers must attend. These rehearsals are mandatory. Dress rehearsal allows the student to prepare for the performance, spacing on-stage, and quick changes (if applicable). Schedule and Times TBA throughout the year.
Gift cards are valued for the cost purchased, and expire after 1 year from the date of purchase. Gift cards can be used towards any classes offered at CBD- children or adult, series and fitness classes.
- Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required dancewear could result in termination of lessons.
- Students are not permitted to wear shoes worn on the street or outdoors to any dance class. For safety reasons dancers are not permitted to wear jewelry. Students must wear cover-ups when entering and exiting the studio.
- Long hair must be tied back in all classes, and must be worn in a bun for ballet once in 1st grade for ballet.
- Black Tap ties or elastics are needed on all children’s tap shoes, not the tap ribbons!
- Creative Movement: comfortable moving clothing or leotard, skirt and ballet shoes or bare feet.
- Combo classes: a solid colored leotard, pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes with tap elastics/ ties-no ribbons please, hair pulled back in a pony tail or fastened away from the face.
- Ballet- Girls: a solid black leotard and pink tights for all ballet classes, pink leather ballet shoes, levels 3 and up may wear pink canvas shoes. Hair must be in a ballet bun from first grade levels and up. **Pointe shoe candidates are chosen by the director of the school in careful consideration with all teachers. This is for your children’s safety. Please do not buy pointe shoes unless first instructed by the director or your child's dance instructor.
- Ballet- Boys: Black men’s/ boys tights or black biker short with a white t-shirt tucked in or fastened tightly at the waist. Black or white ballet shoes. Hair pulled back out of the face if long.
- Jazz: Same attire as ballet, however students may wear jazz pants or shorts over leotard and tights, black jazz shoes
- Tap: same as jazz, but with black tap shoes. Older levels, ages 10+ should purchase oxford taps
- Hip-Hop: baggy attire, please wear appropriate clothing, nothing revealing. You will be stretching in class, so please keep in mind that you will need to be able to move easily in the clothing, so do not wear anything that is going to restrict your movement.
- Modern/ Contemporary: Unitard or leotard and tights – and bare feet or foot undies, whatever you prefer.