Children Levels, Policies and Tuition
We specialize in Dance classes for children ages 18 months and up through adults, offering a variety of techniques for the Serious and Pre-Professional student, the Recreational student, and the beginner baby levels.
Contemporary Ballet Dallas 2021-22 Tuition & Policies
Classes begin August 16 and conclude May 29. The Fall Semester is August 16-December 18, 2021 (17 weeks), and the Spring Semester is January 3-May 29, 2022, (20 weeks).
In accordance with CBD’s Dress code, the Registration fee includes Contemporary Ballet Dallas T-Shirt to wear as a cover up to and from the studio. It may also be worn in hip hop and tap classes.
1st Installment payment & Annual Registration due upon registration.
2nd Installment payment due October 5th, 3rd is Jan 5, 4th is Mar 5.
Annual regiistration fee is per child and is non-refundable.
Multiple class Discounts applied to October bill and following bills
If a student signs up in January, the Reg fee will be $55 and the 4th (or their second installment payment will have discounts if applicable).
All Registrants are required to sign Contemporary Ballet Dallas’ policies and Waiver forms before attending classes.
Classes are school year based (i.e. August -May), and tuition is billed in four installments. Tuition is due: (1) at the time of enrollment and (2) half-way through the semester and auto-billed via the credit card on file October 5, (3) January 5, (4) March 5. Students enrolled after the first four weeks of services will pay prorated amount for remainder of the current installment each semester. Tuition installments are nonrefundable during the current billing cycle. Registrants are required to keep an active credit card on file for auto-bill purposes.
Each tuition installment is nonrefundable. If you wish to discontinue your class and not be charged the second installment, you must provide a drop request prior to the second installment billing date. The deadline for drop requests before each installment billing cycle are: October 1, January 1, March 1. If you would like to add additional classes for your child or transfer classes, then provide an Add/ Transfer Request form.
All registrants agree to auto-billing via a credit card on file. Registrants will receive advanced notice of billing.
Late Fee Policy
All registrants are required to keep an active credit card on file, and tuition is auto-charged from the card on file. CBD will notify registrants of an unsuccessful auto-charge. Unpaid balances not resolved within one week of charge date will be subject to a $35 late fee per week of an unpaid balance. Dancers with unpaid balances after three weeks will not be permitted to participate in classes until balance is paid. Late fees will be administered for any unpaid balance for charges, including but not limited to: registration fees, private lesson fees, class tuition, open dance, & company programs.
No Make-Up Classes
Because of our close adherence to the dancer-to-teacher ratio and restrictions on the overall number of dancers permitted in the studio at once, CBD does not offer make-up classes.
Contemporary Ballet Dallas will allow students to drop-in to an additional class for a $35 drop-in fee and with prior approval from CBD personnel. Drop-ins will be approved only if an opening exists in a certain class and the athlete meets the prerequisites.
Open Dance Policy
Open Dance practices are Instructor supervised but dancer-led sessions. While instructors are available to informally instruct, Open Dance sessions are not structured classes.
Dance Class Evaluations
All registrants of dance classes are required to undergo a skills evaluation by CBD teachers prior to class placement. This ensures that each dancer is placed in the appropriate level to maximize progression. When dancers are ready to train at the next level but a class at the next level is at capacity, the dancer will be trained on the next level’s skills in his/her current class. Once a class at the next level becomes available, that dancer may move to the next class. To schedule a dance technique evaluation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main line at 214-821-2066.
Private Lesson Policy
Private lessons are only available for registered dancers of Contemporary Ballet Dallas (i.e. dancers who have paid CBD’s annual registration fee). Private lessons may be arranged with individual instructors through their extensions. Private lesson availability and fees are at the discretion of individual instructors and subject to the studio’s schedule. All private lessons are limited to no more than two dancers and require an adult present. All payments will be made directly to the instructor. Any payment not collected within one week of service is subject to charge on the registrant’s CBD account.
Registration Fee Policy
Contemporary Ballet Dallas requires an annual registration fee of $75 for all dancers. The annual registration fee is paid at the time of registration prior to the commencement of classes. Dancers who join halfway through the year (January and later) will be subject to a prorated registration fee of $55.
OTHER COSTS if participating in Spring Concert
Levels 3-4 Years Ballet & Tap combo class and up are included in the Spring Concert performance.
$75.00/ costume fee is due November 1. If your child drops class before the October 5th Tuition charge payment, then you will not be charged a costume payment. Upper levels of Level 1 and up, if you have more than one costume, then you will be billed in two separate payments. First costume payment: November 1; Second costume payment: December 1.
$110.00, due April 1st. This includes 5 tickets for the show, and a downloadable copy of the performance. You may purchase additional tickets for a small fee.
• MULTIPLE CLASSES DISCOUNT: Discounts offered for multiple classes & amongst family members for children’s classes: 2 classes is 10% off, 3 classes is 15% off, 4 classes is 20% off, 5 classes is 25% off, 6 classes and up is 30% off.
• SEMESTER DISCOUNT: Additional 5% off discount on top of multiple class discount if tuition is paid by the semester before the first week of classes each semester. Company dancers company monthly tuition is not discounted. Regular class tuition will be discounted. Please refer to company dancer tuition and policies packet.
COVID Waiver needs to be filled out for each child by parent/ guardian. It is included at the end of the registration form https://www.contemporaryballetdallas.com/covid-19-waiver/
Please read and adhere to our updated Health & Safety Policies established due to COVID. These will be updated as needed.
Cancellation of Class Policy
CBD reserves the right to cancel any class, refunds are made for class cancellations. Weather Closures do not constitute a make up class or refund.
The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made up.
Absences & Tardiness Policy
The school reserves the right to have students who come late to class, sit out the class and observe. If a student is more than 10 minutes late to class, it is at the teacher's descretion on whether they need to observe or join in class. Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. Students missing many or repeated lessons after January will not be able to participate in the year-end dance recital, festivals or other performances.
Contact Info Updated Policy
It is the responsibility of the parent and adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed and to provide a working email on file in your account.
Before or After Care of students Policy
The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 yrs, are encouraged to remain in the lobby while their child attends class. Students are not to be left at the school for an excessive amount of time before or after class.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time on school property.
Photo release Policy
The school is hereby granted permission to take photographs or video of the students to use in brochures, web sites, social media, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials the school creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name. If you have an issue with this, then email Danceinfo@schoolofcbd.com
Studio Blocking & Dress Rehearsal Policy
All dancers must attend. These rehearsals are mandatory. Dress rehearsal allows all students to prepare for the performance, spacing on-stage, and quick changes (if applicable). If one dancer is absent then it throws all of the students in the class off. Schedule and Times TBA throughout the year.
Gift Card Policy
Gift cards are valued for the cost purchased, and expire after 1 year from the date of purchase. Gift cards can be used towards any classes offered at CBD- children or adult, series and fitness classes.
Dress Code Policy
School Cover up T-Shirts will be provided as part of the Registration fee. Students should wear their cover up Tshirt to and from the studio with shorts or leggings.
- Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required dancewear could result in termination of lessons.
- Students are not permitted to wear shoes worn on the street or outdoors to any dance class. For safety reasons dancers are not permitted to wear jewelry. Students must wear cover-ups when entering and exiting the studio.
- Long hair must be tied back in all classes, and must be worn in a bun for ballet once in 1st grade for ballet.
- Black Tap ties or elastics are needed on all children’s tap shoes, not the tap ribbons!
- Creative Movement: comfortable moving clothing or leotard, skirt and ballet shoes or bare feet.
- Combo classes: a solid colored leotard, pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes with tap elastics/ ties-no ribbons please, hair pulled back in a pony tail or fastened away from the face.
- Ballet- Girls: a solid black leotard and pink tights for all ballet classes, pink leather ballet shoes, levels 3 and up may wear pink canvas shoes. Hair must be in a ballet bun from first grade levels and up. **Pointe shoe candidates are chosen by the director of the school in careful consideration with all teachers. This is for your children’s safety. Please do not buy pointe shoes unless first instructed by the director or your child's dance instructor.
- Ballet- Boys: Black men’s/ boys tights or black biker short with a white t-shirt tucked in or fastened tightly at the waist. Black or white ballet shoes. Hair pulled back out of the face if long.
- Jazz: Same attire as ballet, however students may wear jazz pants or shorts over leotard and tights, tan jazz shoes
- Tap: same as jazz, but with black tap shoes. Older levels, ages 10+ should purchase oxford taps
- Hip-Hop: baggy attire, please wear appropriate clothing, nothing revealing. You will be stretching in class, so please keep in mind that you will need to be able to move easily in the clothing, so do not wear anything that is going to restrict your movement.
- Modern/ Contemporary: Unitard or leotard and tights – and bare feet or foot undies, whatever you prefer.