Children Levels, Policies and Tuition
If you are new to the school, please call us to schedule a tour and register in person! Or, if it is more convenient, please email Keiara at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying what classes you are interested in, and she will help you with registering your child or children. Please specify the age of your child and any past dance training.
We offer classes for 18 months and up through adults, and have many different techniques offered in dance technique and dance fitness. We offer classes for the more serious dancer and the more recreational dancer. Please contact the school to learn more about our programs, and click on the class name to read class descriptions.
Kinder Dance Program:
Parent & Me- 18 mos -2 yrs,
Creative Movement- 2 years,
Ballet/Tap combo- 3-4 years & 5-6 years,
Pre-Ballet, ages 5-7 years
Recreational Dance Program:
- Levels 1-6 in Ballet, Tap, & Jazz.
- Beginner through Advanced in Hip hop and Contemporary,
- Levels 1-2 in Acro
- Other options: Once a Week Ballet, Teen Ballet, Beginner Ballet, Teen Beginner Ballet
Youth Performance Programs:
- Performance Ensembles in Ballet, Tap and Hip Hop, Click here to read more about our Youth Performance Ensembles.
If a student is training en pointe in level 5 and 6 ballet then they need to attend an additional pointe class on their level in order to progress en pointe.
If a student is wanting to train seriously in ballet and pointe work, then they should audition for the School’s Youth Ballet Performance Ensemble, offered for ages 10 years and up.
Children’s Rates for 2017-18 August 21, 2017-June 3, 2018
Dress Rehearsals June 2, 2018, Shows June 3, 2018.
- MULTIPLE CLASSES DISCOUNT:Discounts offered for multiple classes & amongst family members for children’s classes: 2 classes is 10% off, 3 classes is 15% off, 4 classes is 20% off, 5 classes is 25% off, 6 classes is 30% off.
- SEMESTER DISCOUNT:Additional 5% off discount on top of multiple class discount if tuition is paid by the semester before the first week of classes each semester.
- VALUE DISCOUNT: Unlimited classes offered per child: $350.00/ child / month. This does not include private lessons or Youth Performance Ensembles. This excludes private lessons.
Parent & Me: $85 per month or$828.75
Creative movement: $85 per month or $82.75
Ballet/ Tap combo: $95 per month or $926.25
45 minute to hour long dance classes in acro, ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, contemporary: $95 per month or $92.25
1-1.5 hour long dance class in ballet. tap, jazz, hip hop contemporary: $130.00 per month or $1267.50
- SCBD YOUTH BALLET COMPANY PROGRAM:
- Apprentice & B Company: $380.00 per month, for over 38 hours / month unmite.
- Junior 2 & A Company: $400.00 per month for over 43 hours, unlimited. &
- SCBD TAP ENSEMBLE COMPANY: $100 per month, 4-6 hours / month
- SCBD HIP HOP COMPANY: $190 per month, 15 hours/ month, $380.00 per month for unlimited classes.
Please inquire for more information or to audition to Lindsay@schoolofcbd.com
Costume Fee: $68.00/ costume, due at registration.
If your child drops class before November 30th and you have notified the school 30 days in advance, then you will receive a costume refund in full.
Upper levels of Level 1 and up, if you have more than one costume, then you have the option of three payments:
- First costume payment: Due At Registration
- Second costume payment: Due October 1
- Remaining costume payment: Due November 1.
Recital Fee: $80.00, due April 1st. This includes 5 tickets for the show. You may purchase additional tickets for a small fee.
Withdrawals or dropping classes requires a 30 day notice via email or at the front desk via paperwork. Please email Admin2@schoolofcbd.com regarding registration/ dropping questions. There is a two month minimum for all lessons. One month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any classes. Withdrawal must be done in writing via email or letter. Withdrawals are not processed with a teacher or the front desk staff. Withdrawals must occur within the first 7 days of the month. No withdrawals will be accepted after April 1. All automatic bank charges or auto debit charges will stop after the one-month notice period. School of Contemporary Ballet Dallas reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such case a refund for unused lessons will be given.
Registration fee: $40.00 for the first child, $20 for each additional child.
Payment of tuitions: Tuition must be paid by automatic debit card or automatic credit card payment. Tuition will be debited from your bank account on the 1st day of each month from September -May, or charged to your credit card the 1st day of each month. The 1 or 2 weeks of August (whichever amount we return for) and the month of September is non-refundable. Credit card or bank debit payments are not accepted for in-person payment on a monthly basis. Payment must be made by pre-authorized automatic monthly payment. All charges will appear on your bank statement or credit card statement as being from School of Contemporary Ballet Dallas. Adults may pay for Adult classes at the front desk by cash, check, debit or credit card, or may pay online before class. Adults, if purchasing class packages or a class card, you must pick up your scan card at the desk before class.
NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds)Payments: NSF fee of $25.00 for the amount of any NSF paper check or auto debit transactions plus a $25 NSF fee.
Cancellations of Class:
SCBD reserves the right to cancel any class, refunds are made for cancellation.
The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made up.
Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to an illness and 24 hour notice has been given to the school office. Make-up lessons will be limited to 2 per school year and require a doctor’s note. No refunds are given for missed lessons. (School activities such as ski trips, or programs, band trips, choir trips, Spring Breaks that differ from our school’s spring break, sports games, etc, do not qualify for make-up lessons.)
Absences & Tardiness:
The school reserves the right to have students who come late to class, sit out the class. Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. If a student misses more than 4 classes without written notices, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons. Students missing more than 4 lessons after January will not be able to participate in the year-end dance recital, festivals or other performances.
Parent's responsibility to be aware of dates & events:
It is the responsibility of the parent and adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The parents will give the school their email address to email all such notices home. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check their email and the boards at the school to ensure that they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents and adult students to inform the school of any email change, address change, or telephone number change. It is also the parent’s responsibility to update their contact information in their school account online. The School of CBD sends correspondence via email and flyers regarding important/ upcoming events.
Care of students:
The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 yrs, are encouraged to remain in the lobby while their child attends class. Students are not to be left at the school for an excessive amount of time before or after class.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time.
The school is hereby granted permission to take photographs or video of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials the school creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name.
Studio Blocking & Dress Rehearsal:
All dancers must attend. These rehearsals are mandatory. Dress rehearsal allows the student to prepare for the performance, spacing on-stage, and quick changes (if applicable). Schedule and Times TBA throughout the year.
Gift cards are valued for the cost purchased, and expire after 1 year from the date of purchase. Gift cards can be used towards any classes offered at CBD- children or adult, series and fitness classes.
- Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required dancewear could result in termination of lessons.
- Students are not permitted to wear shoes worn on the street or outdoors to any dance class. For safety reasons dancers are not permitted to wear jewelry. Students must wear cover-ups when entering and exiting the studio.
- Long hair must be tied back in all classes, and must be worn in a bun for ballet once in 1st grade for ballet.
- Black Tap ties or elastics are needed on all children’s tap shoes, not the tap ribbons!
- Creative Movement: comfortable moving clothing or leotard, skirt and ballet shoes or bare feet.
- Combo classes: a solid colored leotard, pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes with tap elastics/ ties-no ribbons, please!
- Ballet- Girls: a solid colored leotard and pink tights for all ballet classes, canvas or leather pink ballet shoes. Hair must be in a ballet bun from first grade levels and up. In combo levels, hair must be pulled back and off neck as well, in a ponytail. **Pointe shoe candidates are chosen by the director of the school in careful consideration with all teachers. This is for your children’s safety. Please do not buy pointe shoes unless first instructed by the director.
- Ballet- Boys: Black men’s/ boys tights or black biker short with a white t-shirt tucked in or fastened tightly at the waist. Black ballet shoes. Hair pulled back out of the face if long.
- Jazz: Same attire as ballet, however students may wear jazz pants or shorts over leotard and tights, black jazz shoes
- Tap: same as jazz, but with black tap shoes. Older levels, ages 10+ should purchase oxford taps
- Hip-Hop: baggy attire, please wear appropriate clothing, nothing revealing. You will be stretching in class, so please keep in mind that you will need to be able to move easily in the clothing, so do not wear anything that is going to restrict your movement.
- Modern/ Contemporary: Unitard or leotard and tights – and bare feet or ballet shoes, or foot undies, whatever you prefer.